- 1 cup of rice (washed and strained)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup of chickpeas (boiled and stained - see previous recipe for boiling)
- 1 and a 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or 1 tablespoon of butter
- Saute the peppers in the the butter or olive oil in a pot for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes more, stir now and then.
- Add the chickpeas, boiling water and salt. Stir the mixture and leave to simmer with lid closed for 10 minutes.
- Wrap in a blanket and leave to steep for 15 minutes.
Don't ask! You'll never get an answer!
- If you have any questions you should read the other pilaf recipes first, if you are not lazy.
- If you are asking about what the blanket is for, it's for the pilaf so it doesn't catch a cold...
- Too bad again, I couldn't stop myself and wrote some answers to your probable questions.