If you are on a diet close your eyes and imagine. Imagine about cooking something that consists of the nourishment, vitamins, protein, carbonhydrates and taste of 30 different things. Also imagine that this meal is light, fills your stomach and is good for a diet. I hear you say "No way! What kind of diet is this?" Follow this recipe and decide for yourself if I'm right or wrong.
- 1 small size potato, cellery, tomato and carrot each
- 1 small cup of peas, corn, chopped cauliflower, chopped broccoli, chopped leek, chopped string beans, chopped red peppers, chopped spinach, and chopped onions each
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 6 cups of hot water
- 5 stems of parsley and dill each, stems removed
- 7-8 leaves of fresh mint
- 1-2 stems of basil
- a pinch of red pepper flakes and ground black pepper each
- a desert spoon of cornflour and whole wheat flour each
- 1/2 a small cup of no fat milk
- 1/2 a small cup of no fat yoghurt
- the yolk of 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Boil the String beans in 5 cups of boiling water for 15 minutes. Then add the corn, chopped tomato, carrot, cellery, potato, leek, red pepper and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan heat the corn and whole wheat flours untill you lose the odour and add the olive oil. Slowly add 1 cup of hot water and mix so that it doesn't get lumpy.
- Add the yoghurt, milk, egg yolk, vinegar, and lemon juice to the sauce pan and mix.
- Add the sauce to the soup mixture slowly and continue to mix.
- Next add the chopped cauliflower, broccoli, onion, spinach, garlic and green peas and cook for 10-15 more minutes.
- When serving top the soup with parsley, dill, mint and basil leaves. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and ground black pepper.
I'm sure you have many many questions
- If you prefer the texture thin, add 2 more cups of hot water.
- If you are going to add canned garnish instead of the potato, carrot and peas, add the garnish 5 minutes before you take the soup off the heat.
- You may not have all these ingredients ready at home. Don't worry you can use what you have already. It's a good way of being frugal by using bits and pieces in the kitchen.
- This soup is a good serving to get a full stomach.
- Don't tell me that "There are only 29 ingredients!" Add the 30th yourself!